5 replies to this topic

#1 Bethan39

Bethan39
  • Registered Users
  • 22 posts
  • LocationCardiff
  • Car:2015 Titanium X

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:50 PM

Has anybody tried a tuning box on the 1.5 tdci engine i have seen this one but was wondering if anyone has tried a tuning box on this engine  here is a link to one i have found that looks good but is it any good?

http://www.tdi-tunin...chip_P9874.html

#2 DazW

DazW

Warwickshire Regional Head

• Regional Coordinators
  • 2372 posts
  • LocationNuneaton
  • Car:2016 Ford Focus Zetec S

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:10 PM

I really don't like tuning boxes, they're known as smoke boxes in the trade it just runs a generic map that may or may not be right for your car and Ford would certainly run a mile if you tried to make any warranty claim

#3 Bethan39

Bethan39
  • Registered Users
  • 22 posts
  • LocationCardiff
  • Car:2015 Titanium X

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:12 PM

Cheers DazW i guessed this was the case as they say "if it sounds too good" to be true then it probably is i think i will give it a miss then!!

#4 Steve T

Steve T
  • Registered Users
  • 73 posts
  • LocationLiverpool
  • Car:2.0 ghia saloon. 05 JDM STI

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:10 PM

I,ve just fitted a Blue Spark tuning box to my wifes 62 plate 1.6 econetic. Totally transforms the car. No smoke and very smooth. It pulls like a train.  Much recommended. It is a bit of a job fitting it , but once the wiring harness is in place you can leave it there. If you want to revert to standard you just put a supplied plug into the end of the harness. Steve.

#5 DazW

DazW

Warwickshire Regional Head

• Regional Coordinators
  • 2372 posts
  • LocationNuneaton
  • Car:2016 Ford Focus Zetec S

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:59 PM

You'd be much better off with a proper remap, and you won't get any smoke because the DPF filters it.

#6 Steve T

Steve T
  • Registered Users
  • 73 posts
  • LocationLiverpool
  • Car:2.0 ghia saloon. 05 JDM STI

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:39 PM

The tuning box only cost £50 . It is a 6 month old Blue Spark CR2 which is as new. The person I bought it off sold his Focus so took it off.  I have just sold my Impreza STI which had almost 400 brake and the in gear acceleration of the Focus with the Blue Spark fitted reminds me of the Impreza. I know a remap is better after having it done to my Impreza several times, but for £50 its great. Steve.