3 replies to this topic

#1 jannergeoff

jannergeoff
  • Registered Users
  • 12 posts
  • LocationHereford,UK.
  • Car:Focus Zetec S, Auto, 2016.

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:37 PM

Very pleased with the new focus zetec s, auto. But the only downside was that horrible can of foam/adhesive and compressor instead of a spare wheel.
I also did not want a space saver wheel for various reasons,anyway decided to look for a full size 18" wheel identical to the ones already on the car.Found everything I wanted on Ebay and Amazon for just over £200,plus I had to do a bit of engineering on my part.
Pro : Full size wheel with no restriction on speed or handling.
Con: Extra weight = increased fuel consumption and reduced space in the boot.
Summary.....Always prefer to have a spare wheel on board for peace of mind.
I will post photos later,pleased with the result.

#2 vindi93

vindi93
  • Full Membership
  • 622 posts
  • Car:focus mk3 1.6 ecoboost 180bhp

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:09 PM

My zetec. S had a space saver. To be honest in all the years of driving round in company cars I have had to change a wheel probably 3 times. I don't have spare at all on my kit car do carry an electric air pump just incase of a flat.

#3 rhyds

rhyds
  • Registered Users
  • 112 posts
  • LocationNorth Wales
  • Car:MK1 1.6 Zetec 3dr

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:54 PM

Given the choice between a can of foam and a spacesaver, I'd always take the spacesaver as no can of foam is going to fix a holed sidewall or torn valve, while a spacesaver will get you home (or at least to civilisation). However given a choice between a full size wheel and a spacesaver, then I'd take the full size.

#4 vindi93

vindi93
  • Full Membership
  • 622 posts
  • Car:focus mk3 1.6 ecoboost 180bhp

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:21 PM

It recks the tyres anyway. Wouldn't have helped my shredded tyre on my insignia glad I had the space saver To get me to the nearest tyre place