Jump to content


Cruise Control & Start/stop Not Working


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 GBGAZ

GBGAZ
  • Full Membership
  • 238 posts
  • Locationleicester
  • Car:1.6TDCI Titanium X

Posted 18 September 2016 - 07:47 PM

Hi all,

Just drove back from Silverstone (great day!) and on the journey back, both of the above have packed up.

Cruise Control won't even activate, you press the button on the wheel and nothing happens.....not even on the display.

The light is illuminated on the Start/Stop 'off' switch.....and when the button is pressed to attempt to switch it back on, nothing happens.....the light stays illuminated.Also, when starting the car.... Normally a quick flick of the start button (it's keyless) suffices.....but it's kind of trying to start then failing.......hold the button in and it starts fine.

I'm lead to believe that there is a switch on the clutch pedal that these items are all run via.... So initially that is what I suspect is at fault,,,,but just wondered if any of you guys had any knowledge/experience of this or similar problems??

Thanks in advance!

#2 wheels93

wheels93

    COTM Moderator

  • Registered Users
  • 1527 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire
  • Car:Ford Focus Mk2.5

Posted 18 September 2016 - 08:10 PM

Think you are right about the switch buddy. Ask Terry and don't try it without asking it but if your in the car with the electrics on and not the ignition. Hold the clutch and the accelerator down and a display comes up about resetting.

But check first!

#3 GBGAZ

GBGAZ
  • Full Membership
  • 238 posts
  • Locationleicester
  • Car:1.6TDCI Titanium X

Posted 18 September 2016 - 08:22 PM

View Postwheels93, on 18 September 2016 - 08:10 PM, said:

Think you are right about the switch buddy. Ask Terry and don't try it without asking it but if your in the car with the electrics on and not the ignition. Hold the clutch and the accelerator down and a display comes up about resetting.

But check first!

   Thanks mate, I'll put a post in his section - shame you weren't there today, would've been good to see you!

#4 wheels93

wheels93

    COTM Moderator

  • Registered Users
  • 1527 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire
  • Car:Ford Focus Mk2.5

Posted 19 September 2016 - 05:44 PM

View PostGBGAZ, on 18 September 2016 - 08:22 PM, said:

Thanks mate, I'll put a post in his section - shame you weren't there today, would've been good to see you!

I did miss coming but got to take my littleun to peppa pig world and to the beach in Bournemouth for a long weekend. That won and will make up for it next year ;)

#5 GBGAZ

GBGAZ
  • Full Membership
  • 238 posts
  • Locationleicester
  • Car:1.6TDCI Titanium X

Posted 20 September 2016 - 05:16 PM

View Postwheels93, on 19 September 2016 - 05:44 PM, said:



I did miss coming but got to take my littleun to peppa pig world and to the beach in Bournemouth for a long weekend. That won and will make up for it next year ;)

  There's some things that have to be done mate,,,,,and kiddies shouldn't suffer for the sake of cars! So fairplay to you.

#6 GBGAZ

GBGAZ
  • Full Membership
  • 238 posts
  • Locationleicester
  • Car:1.6TDCI Titanium X

Posted 20 September 2016 - 05:19 PM

Cars all sorted....clutch pedal switch it was....nice cheap fix!!! :-):-):-):-):-)

#7 wheels93

wheels93

    COTM Moderator

  • Registered Users
  • 1527 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire
  • Car:Ford Focus Mk2.5

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:09 PM

Pleased it's all fixed ... Who fixed it then and what was the fix?

#8 GBGAZ

GBGAZ
  • Full Membership
  • 238 posts
  • Locationleicester
  • Car:1.6TDCI Titanium X

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:45 PM

Cheers James  - All my own work as they say lol... had the car plugged in to diagnostics whilst down in swindon on monday which reported clutch switch at fault... went to dealer there which said there were two switches on the clutch pedal and advised me which would be at fault.. (turned out that was the wrong one!!)   fitted the one they sold me and no different,,,,that one is just a start inhibitor - i.e. open circuit on ignition  button until clutch is depressed....depress clutch it starts.

    The one I needed sits lower down the pedal - just above the footwell, picked one up on my return to leicester this morning. Both are about 20 quid so no great pain moneywise - phew!!

#9 wheels93

wheels93

    COTM Moderator

  • Registered Users
  • 1527 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire
  • Car:Ford Focus Mk2.5

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:43 PM

View PostGBGAZ, on 20 September 2016 - 09:45 PM, said:

Cheers James  - All my own work as they say lol... had the car plugged in to diagnostics whilst down in swindon on monday which reported clutch switch at fault... went to dealer there which said there were two switches on the clutch pedal and advised me which would be at fault.. (turned out that was the wrong one!!)   fitted the one they sold me and no different,,,,that one is just a start inhibitor - i.e. open circuit on ignition  button until clutch is depressed....depress clutch it starts.

    The one I needed sits lower down the pedal - just above the footwell, picked one up on my return to leicester this morning. Both are about 20 quid so no great pain moneywise - phew!!

Great stuff.. pleased you got it sorted. Have to catch up soon. Drop me a text and arrange a coffee or something :)