8 replies to this topic

#1 flatfour

flatfour
  • Full Membership
  • 101 posts
  • LocationSussex
  • Car:1.6 Ecoboost Titanium X

Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:26 PM

Driving back home yesterday listening to the radio and all of a sudden the whole unit including the 4'' display screen went blank,no illumination or response from it at all!,can't even eject the disc that is in it! Had a quick look at some fuses but all appear to be ok so a bit stumped as to what could of failed.
Any ideas anyone?

#2 DazW

DazW

Warwickshire Regional Head

• Regional Coordinators
  • 2372 posts
  • LocationNuneaton
  • Car:2016 Ford Focus Zetec S

Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:30 PM

Which fuses did you check?

#3 flatfour

flatfour
  • Full Membership
  • 101 posts
  • LocationSussex

Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:07 PM

Oh good question,From memory it was a couple in the passenger footwell that were labelled up as radio and or information display from the handbook and one in the fuse box in the NSR boot behind a carpete panel. Have to say that the owners manual was a bit vague as to which fuse did what,I.e there were some duplications of accessories. Add to that it was raining and it was getting late I gave up and haven't had a chance to look any further.
Apart from the radio and the 4'' screen above it everything else is working fine!

#4 stando20

stando20
  • Full Membership
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNottingham

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:48 AM

Mine did exactly the same. Turned out the screen which displays the radio Channel etc had failed. Had to have it replaced for a new one and programmed to the car. Mine is a 20111 focus titanium x with Sony Dab

#5 flatfour

flatfour
  • Full Membership
  • 101 posts
  • LocationSussex

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:03 AM

Ah interesting,sounds like mine could be the same then! How much did that end up costing you if you don't mind me asking?

#6 flatfour

flatfour
  • Full Membership
  • 101 posts
  • LocationSussex

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:25 PM

Car has been into my local dealers today. I have to say they are excellent and after carrying out a diagnostic test and finding no faults they then tried substituting various parts from other cars currently in stock. It is looking very much like the 4'' screen above the radio is at fault. Will keep you updated.

#7 flatfour

flatfour
  • Full Membership
  • 101 posts
  • LocationSussex

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:50 PM

A replacement 4''  screen fixed this. Managed to get a replacement from EBay for a fraction of the cost of a new one. I realise that it is second hand but with circa £250 difference I am prepared to take the chance. You do need to get one with as close as possible part number as you can to get all the features working correctly. Very easy to fit and has been working faultlessly for about 3 weeks now.

#8 flatfour

flatfour
  • Full Membership
  • 101 posts
  • LocationSussex

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:50 PM

#9 Mike11

Mike11

SMT & Facebook Guru

• Administrators
  • 13910 posts
  • LocationLive~Manchester Work~Glasgow
  • Car:'54 ST170 & '17 Fiesta 140

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:53 PM

Thank you for posting the outcome that fixed  it. It may help other members at a later date.