5 replies to this topic

#1 gunny110

gunny110
  • Registered Users
  • 29 posts
  • Locationchippenham
  • Car:tddi mk1 estate

Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:52 PM

Hi all, iv been on the forum only a short while now, and i have done some big things to my 2000 tddi since buying her early last month. Besides face lifting her and some 17 MP3 alloys, most of my work has been in big engine mods to try and get from the measly 90bhp to around 150. I had dci sport i had bought originally that was rotten (failed mot) so i found this one for 380 with all the sills already welded up and she is solid.
Posted Image

Iv done the usual diesel mods to free some ponies, egr blank, straight through exhaust,air filter and a decat.

The biggest change to my car as the tittle suggest is that i have fitted the tdci gt17v turbo from the tdci to my tddi, From what i know there doesn't appear to be anyone that has done this. Now some people will say it isnt possible, but anything is right? i have been assured by a guy that remaps for a living that has done things like this to other cars, sorry the main reason that this doesnt get done or people dont think it can be is that a tddi is a waste gated turbo, and the tdci is a vnt trbo.

The vnt turbo needs plumbing into the tddi egr solenoid slightly differently (tdci uses a egr solenoid and a boost solenoid) the tddi uses just one for the egr. Now mine is blanked off anyway.

So i can now use this solenoid to run my vnt turbo, which of course brings me back to the remap. The ecu needs to be reprogrammed to tell the solenoid to work a little differently basically (wizardry to me) iv left that to my mapper.

If all goes well he has told me i should see tdci remap figures if not more. I will keep all updated on my fidings and how it goes.

#2 Mike11

Mike11

SMT & Facebook Guru

• Administrators
  • 13902 posts
  • LocationLive~Manchester Work~Glasgow
  • Car:'54 ST170 & '17 Fiesta 140

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:10 PM

Sounds interesting mate, i look forward to seeing the results. Fingers crossed it all works out.

#3 gunny110

gunny110
  • Registered Users
  • 29 posts
  • Locationchippenham

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:40 PM

So for anyone that is keeping an eye on this, My ecu came back yesterday i got the turbo (tdci) in and all the vacuum lines re plumbed to suit the gt17v actuator and she goes like a ROCKET!!!! im pleased to say the turbo spools up and the vanes open and close as they should. My mapper recons il have 10% left or right of 170 at the flywheel. Iam yet to fit the mk2 tdci front mount inter cooler which again will improve the cars performance. Im running 20psi of boost with 25 over boost, my boost kicks in at around 2000 rpm due to the power the car is running and any earlier on the standard clutch, it would rip to shreds.

The car is being rolling roaded on Saturday at 9, so we will see just what she makes. James (mapper) has said to me he wouldnt be suprised if its the fastest tddi in the country. So im grinning from ear to ear :D

#4 Mike11

Mike11

SMT & Facebook Guru

• Administrators
  • 13902 posts
  • LocationLive~Manchester Work~Glasgow
  • Car:'54 ST170 & '17 Fiesta 140

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:26 AM

Sounds awesome mate!! Look forward to seeing the dyno reading.

#5 gunny110

gunny110
  • Registered Users
  • 29 posts
  • Locationchippenham

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:30 AM

Thanks Mike, il get it up asap after dyno is done

#6 Andysttdci

Andysttdci
  • Full Membership
  • 13 posts
  • LocationLeeds
  • Car:MK1 ST TDCi estate replica

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:03 AM

Did you you ever get the Dyno results for this ?