3 replies to this topic

#1 YELLOWDOG

YELLOWDOG
  • Full Membership
  • 85 posts
  • LocationSWANSCOMBE , KENT
  • Car:15 MK3..1.5 TDCI Titanium X

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:18 PM

Hi folks . hoping somebody can help me with a couple of small issues .

Firstly;  is that when setting the alarm i have just noticed that the red message light has started flashing , I've never noticed it before and don't know if it should .

Secondly ,when using my parking sensor system one of my front one's is intermediately ( more on than off ) indicating that i am close to something even with nothing there . I've had a look and it looks like the sensor has a scratch mark/stone chip on it and Iam  wondering if this could be causing the problem and do i need to replace sensor  or is there a way to fix it ?

Cheers in advance .

#2 Ldsundance

Ldsundance
  • Full Membership
  • 5033 posts
  • LocationNewcastle Upon tyne
  • Car:mk3 titanium x navigator

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:04 PM

yes the flashing red i is normal for the alarm, as for the sensors i occasionally have the same issue mine is with the second sensor from the right

#3 YELLOWDOG

YELLOWDOG
  • Full Membership
  • 85 posts
  • LocationSWANSCOMBE , KENT
  • Car:15 MK3..1.5 TDCI Titanium X

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:40 AM

View PostLdsundance, on 04 October 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

yes the flashing red i is normal for the alarm, as for the sensors i occasionally have the same issue mine is with the second sensor from the right
cheers for the reply ,
I am glad the flashing light once the alarm is set  is normal . My faulty  is the one next to the number plate and its only started since the scratch on it appeared . How long have you had the occasional issues with it ?

#4 Ldsundance

Ldsundance
  • Full Membership
  • 5033 posts
  • LocationNewcastle Upon tyne
  • Car:mk3 titanium x navigator

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:47 PM

just looking at mine yesterday it wasn't the second one, it is the same as yours, i have had mine for quite a few months sometimes it might only happen for a couple of days and then it is fine for quite while, its fine at the moment, if i remember if it happens again i will try and get focom/fcom to read any codes