1 reply to this topic

#1 Ldsundance

Ldsundance
  • Full Membership
  • 5033 posts
  • LocationNewcastle Upon tyne
  • Car:mk3 titanium x navigator

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:28 PM

the interior lights in the mk3 are not that good if its dark and you want to look at something especially with the sunroof the light is is blocked by my head, so i bought an overhead console that had the clear strips for the ambient lighting, i was originally going to use it for the ambient lighting,as i also bought an aftermarket colour changing kit to fit the focus with touch changer, might still fit it, however i bought some 10cm 5050 led strips and taped them to the top of the clear strips
Posted Image
to turn them on i didn't really want any extra switches showing so i was going to have the switch right at the top with the removable cover but when i fitted it found that there wasn't enough room, i had considered using magnetic switches so when the glasses holder closed the light would go off, but again not enough room for the switches, so decided to put them in the sides instead
Posted Image
there is only one switch that controls the lights the other switch i have wired for a switch constant 12v socket in the boot, the switches are both powered from the sunroof feed but the 12v socket one feeds a relay,
when on it gives a nice light
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Mike11

Mike11

SMT & Facebook Guru

• Administrators
  • 13906 posts
  • LocationLive~Manchester Work~Glasgow
  • Car:'54 ST170 & '17 Fiesta 140

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:56 PM

Nice touch Craig. Looks smart with the switches hidden too.