No replies to this topic

#1 Ldsundance

Ldsundance
  • Full Membership
  • 5033 posts
  • LocationNewcastle Upon tyne
  • Car:mk3 titanium x navigator

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:22 PM

for a while now i have fitted 2 boot sockets that were constantly powered, the other one is located in the same place on the other side
Posted Image
Posted Image
i did originally have them wired to the wires that were feeding the power for the towbar socket as below,
Posted Image
but i wanted a neater solution so i found a rear fuse box online that had some wires still attached too so i could strip it and use all the wires and pins to fit into my fuse box, so now everything is wired ready in the fuse box for power for upcoming projects/extras that need power either constant or switched, however with one of my sockets i did make it into a switched socket, so i could switch my magnetic amber roof beacon on and of when needed, so for this i didn't want a visible switch so incorporated into the roof console, however it couldn't be fully powered from the switch without adding a bit more wiring, so with having the sunroof, i just used the feed from the sunroof using a smaller gauge wire fed from the switch to the boot using a 40Amp relay to be able to turn the socket on when needed