#1 Gumbo

Gumbo
  • Full Membership
  • 141 posts
  • LocationPontypridd
  • Car:Ford Focus 1.6 Tdci Style

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:29 PM

Hi guys, after some urgent advice.

My dpf engine management light has come on again and seems to be coming on now every month. I don’t do massive mileage but all the same it’s becoming a right pain.

Been to my garage a few times to clean it out and reset it because every time I’ve tried I just can’t regen it by driving it over a long period or at high revs over a long period... tried both methods.

The garage did change the dpf sensor saying it needed changing for when it regens but that hasn’t helped.

I’m debating whether I need to just go the whole hog and replace the dpf filter itself but not sure....

My car is a 09 and on 87k mileage.

Seen a dpf new filter for £179 on eBay although not sure it’s the right one.

Would appreciate any advice please guys my head is done right in....

#2 Ldsundance

Ldsundance
  • Full Membership
  • 5033 posts
  • LocationNewcastle Upon tyne
  • Car:mk3 titanium x navigator

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:48 AM

get yourself some archoil 6400d max
https://www.ebay.co....872.m2749.l2649
pour the whole bottle in when you fill up, then at your next fill up and use at every fill up use 6900d max
https://www.ebay.co....872.m2749.l2649
i have been putting this into my mk3 2.0tdci since i got the car in 2015 with only 3000 miles i am now onto 26000 do very short stop start driving

you could always get a bluetooth obd and download forscan to do a forced regen, also you will be able to see the dpf load

another thing i am not sure if yours has an eloys tank that should be refilled this would be located under the car near the rear subframe

#3 Gumbo

Gumbo
  • Full Membership
  • 141 posts
  • LocationPontypridd

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:45 AM

Cheers for the reply mate... but I don’t think me putting in £20 worth of solution every I fill up is going to cut it.... at that rate I might aswell change the dpf filter anyway.

Does anyone know with a mk2 what the cost is of replacing the dpf filter or even if I can just have it removed?

#4 Mike11

Mike11

SMT & Facebook Guru

• Administrators
  • 13901 posts
  • LocationLive~Manchester Work~Glasgow
  • Car:'54 ST170 & '17 Fiesta 140

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:00 AM

You can’t legally have it removed due to new MOT laws this year.

With effect from May 20th:

Diesel particulate filters (DPF) will now also be checked, and you'll be failed if you've had it removed or tampered with.

#5 Ldsundance

Ldsundance
  • Full Membership
  • 5033 posts
  • LocationNewcastle Upon tyne
  • Car:mk3 titanium x navigator

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:06 PM

the 6900d you only use 10ml per 10 litre's so you would get about 20 fill ups at about 97p extra per tank so say at today fuel prices for 50l

normal diesel @£1.229 = 61.45
Super Diesel @1.359= 67.95
normal + Archoil = 62.42

#6 Gumbo

Gumbo
  • Full Membership
  • 141 posts
  • LocationPontypridd

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:03 PM

Agh right sorry mate I understand now! Lol

Spoke to garage today and he quoted me about £450 to fit a new dpf filter :(

Been speaking to someone on eBay who sells a lead for about £15 that connects to the obd and then to your laptop. You then go on that forscan thing you mentioned and do a forced regen.... there’s a you tube video showing it which seems quite straight forward.

Very tempted to go down that route now... I guess if the dpf filter is on its way out and needs to be forced regen every month... it will be quite easy (and cheaper!) to just plug that lead in and let it do a forced one each time.

How does that sound guys?

I’ll get some of that fluid though, so cheers for thaf :)

#7 Gumbo

Gumbo
  • Full Membership
  • 141 posts
  • LocationPontypridd

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:23 PM

This car is doing my head in... so much I think I should just regen (if i can!) and just sell it...getting ridiculous.

Linked up the obd lead and used forscan.

It does to do the forced regen and at 11% it stops and says

"service procedure has been interrupted"

Any ideas guys?

I really can't stand driving in limp mode for much longer :|