No replies to this topic

#1 Ldsundance

Ldsundance
  • Full Membership
  • 5026 posts
  • LocationNewcastle Upon tyne
  • Car:mk3 titanium x navigator

Posted 31 March 2018 - 05:11 PM

as there is very little info about here are some pictures of the dw10c engine oil filter location and fuel filter change i did last year, the filter is located underneath the oil filler neck which needs to pulled aside to access
Posted Image a slight closer look
Posted Image

to remove the filter you need a tool like this to be able to undo the cap as it is difficult to get a rachet in there.
Posted Image
Posted Image
removed oil filter
Posted Image

the fuel filter is on top to remove this you need remove the metal cover first the remove the 4 bolts you will also need to remove the 2 connecting pipes by unclipping the centre piece of the white plastic then lift up the outer part and you should be able to pull the pipe off, you will also need to disconet the wiring on the right hand side
Posted Image
you will need something flat but not sharp to get underneath the top part of the filter to persuade it out
Posted Image

now after changing the filter you may not be able to start the car, for me i used a hand vacuum pump connected to the fuel return pipe which is with green pipe here, to remove you need to remove the top red plastic connector so you can get access to unclip the bottom red clip
Posted Image
then you can pull the fuel through until no air bubbles are seen in the clear outlet pipe from the filter

Oil filter tool
draper 31251
bergen B3084