3 replies to this topic

#1 OrbInspector

OrbInspector
  • Full Membership
  • 215 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire

Posted 07 April 2018 - 08:37 PM

Hi,
I am going to an astronomy event next weekend where lights are restricted at night. I want to use my Mk3 estate (2012 petrol 1.6) to store my telescope but am worried because every time you open and close the car the lights flash or stay on.

Is there a fuse I can pull to stop the exterior and interior lights coming on but which will still allow me to lock and unlock the vehicle?

Orbinspector

#2 Ldsundance

Ldsundance
  • Full Membership
  • 5033 posts
  • LocationNewcastle Upon tyne
  • Car:mk3 titanium x navigator

Posted 08 April 2018 - 10:11 PM

you can disable the interior lights from coming on with the off switch on the dome light, if i remember if you hold it for a few seconds there should be a slight flash and the button will show orange

#3 OrbInspector

OrbInspector
  • Full Membership
  • 215 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire

Posted 08 April 2018 - 10:20 PM

Thanks LD Sundance,
Don't have a global off switch on the interior light just a central light on/off and behind that a driver light on/off (RH) and a passenger light on/off (LH). Think the Titanium has the extra all on/off switch but not the Zetec. Wonder if I could buy one and swap it

#4 OrbInspector

OrbInspector
  • Full Membership
  • 215 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire

Posted 09 April 2018 - 07:41 AM

Hi LDSundance,
You are right- holding the central light button down on the front courtesy light causes a brief flash and the mode of operation changes. I can now get a mode where the courtesy light does not come on when you open the door. Doesn't change colour though.

Just need as answer on those external light now and I'm sorted for next weekend.

Thanks,
Orbinspector