Strange Window Issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Russ77

Russ77

FFOC Car Care Advisor & FFOC Pub Moderator

• Forum Moderators
  • 12014 posts
  • LocationEssex - Loving the DARKSIDE!!!!
  • Car:2.0TDCi Titanium Estate

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:47 AM

A colleague of mine picked up his MK3 a few weeks ago, it's a 1.0 EcoBoost Titanium (lucky git!!! :lol: )

Anyway, he's noticed a strange issue which only happens in the morning.

He starts the card up and tried to lower the window so he can make sure he misses the garden wall but none of the windows will open.

The windows aren't locked at the time but within 5 mins of driving he can open all of the windows no problem.

He just wants to check he's not doing something silly before he goes back to the dealer and looks a muppet :lol:

#2 Minsterman

Minsterman
  • Registered Users
  • 440 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

Russ77 said:

A colleague of mine picked up his MK3 a few weeks ago, it's a 1.0 EcoBoost Titanium (lucky git!!! :lol: )

Anyway, he's noticed a strange issue which only happens in the morning.

He starts the card up and tried to lower the window so he can make sure he misses the garden wall but none of the windows will open.

The windows aren't locked at the time but within 5 mins of driving he can open all of the windows no problem.

He just wants to check he's not doing something silly before he goes back to the dealer and looks a muppet :lol:

I have a Mk3 1.6 Titanium Estate. I need to open the windows when reversing out of my drive first thing on a morning (visibility issue).

I have never experienced your colleagues problem with the windows, mine open first time every time.

Pete

#3 Russ77

Russ77

FFOC Car Care Advisor & FFOC Pub Moderator

• Forum Moderators
  • 12014 posts
  • LocationEssex - Loving the DARKSIDE!!!!
  • Car:2.0TDCi Titanium Estate

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

Holy thread resurrection :lol:

Just thought I'd post an update.....

Along with a whole load of other faults/problems with the car, the local dealership have seemingly fixed everything.

The window issue was corrected with a replacement switch assembly for the drivers door card.