2 replies to this topic

#1 ninepine

ninepine
  • Registered Users
  • 7 posts
  • LocationBanstead, Surrey

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

Mk 3 Keyless Titanium 1.6 Diesel

Drove home from work last night and parked on the drive. Weather was foggy and wet so I had no reason to open the windows which I only rarely open in any case. I am certain that all the windows were shut when I locked the car last night.
This morning it was wet and had been raining.

Friends called and said that my car windows were open.

When I checked the car, although locked, had all the windows open and rain had got in.

No real damage but I am really concerned that there is a strange fault causing the windows to open.

Anyone else experienced this? NB The windows were all fully open. Since it would require conscious effort to open all four I can't see that an accidental touch of a switch would have caused this and there was no evidence of any break in etc.

Mike

#2 ourpcman

ourpcman
  • Registered Users
  • 4342 posts
  • LocationSouth Bucks
  • Car:Mk1 1.8 Zetec 5-dr petrol 1998

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

I find that on my Audi occasionally.
It's caused by having the key in my pocket and accidentally squashing it so that the "global open" kicks in.
The car will relock and re-alarm itself fairly quickly if no door is opened but the windows stay down.
I'm guessing newer Fords are similar.

I usually find out because the interior alarm is then triggered by something blowing in through a window.

#3 ninepine

ninepine
  • Registered Users
  • 7 posts
  • LocationBanstead, Surrey

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

Thanks ourpcman that might well have happened. I'll try to have the keys in a jacket pocket in future where hopefully they won't get pressed.

Mike