3 replies to this topic

#1 HighlanderUK

HighlanderUK
  • Full Membership
  • 732 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, Scotland
  • Car:MK3 TDCi 2.0 (185) ST-3

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:29 AM

Just figured out, that my TitX doesn't have regular sidelights, as the DRLS just dim when the selector switch is move to sidelights.  That i can understand, but with all the lights on, including full beams and xenons, i seem to have a bulb doing nothing in each unit.

it located just above the orange indicator bulb, nearest the middle of the engine bay.  i have the adaptive direction globe on the outside, and the main beam in the middle, but can't figure out this other bulb, looks like an H7 with metal plug, but i have tried during the day & @ night, with nothing making this bulb light up on either headlamp.

also wish Ford had used LED bulbs on the whole car, instead of leaving cetain halogen bulbs to ruin the look.  least i got the puddle/approach bulbs updated, once i figured out how to remove the mirrors safely.

any ideas???

#2 Mikeyrs

Mikeyrs
  • Registered Users
  • 424 posts
  • LocationInverness
  • Car:Frozen white mk1 focus + ST170

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:38 AM

Have you got adaptive headlights? Turn the steering wheel and see if the other lights come on.

#3 HighlanderUK

HighlanderUK
  • Full Membership
  • 732 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:14 AM

yes i do have adaptive lights, thought that was the glass globe, as i had those on a previous MK2.  attached picture from latest Focus brochure to show bulb location.

Posted Image

#4 HighlanderUK

HighlanderUK
  • Full Membership
  • 732 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

bang on Mikeyrs, when the wheel is turned, the special angle of the reflector activates the bulb for the adaptive cornering beam -- which is not very white, definitely a halogen, i think the bulb is an H1, i might use my Nightbreaker main beam set i took out my previous car before trade-in.

the globe/crystal ball of mystery appears to be the xenons......none of this is in the damn manual, even the latest PDF download mentions Xenons & Cornering lights, but no mention that cornering lights will only come on when wheel is turned, so at least some owners like me think they have a bulb out.  Doesn't mention headlight units with Xenon/DRL fitted (no sidelights).