• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Holty82

Holty82
  • Registered Users
  • 11 posts
  • Car:2013 Titanium x

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

Hi all, Has anyone attempted to fit the zetec s front splitter to thier car? Don't know if I'm right but there looks to be two bumper types on the new shape Focus, my titanium x has quite a lip in the bottom of the bumper already, there seems to be another type that has less of a lip. I'm not so sure the zetec s splitter will go over the titanium x bumper. There are also some fixing plugs on the splitter that obviously locate in holes that need to be drilled into the bumper. Looks like you get one opportunity to get a retro fit right! Anyone completed this mod yet?

#2 Robert282

Robert282
  • Registered Users
  • 1 posts
  • Car:Mk3 Focus Titanium X

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:56 PM

I've got the front splitter sitting here waiting to see if it will fit to my titanium x on Friday, before I go to the trouble of getting it sprayed.
It does look like you need to drill holes in the bumper yes. Or they could be cut off I guess and a strong glue like tiger seal used to hold it on.

#3 Holty82

Holty82
  • Registered Users
  • 11 posts
  • Car:2013 Titanium x

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:53 AM

Hi Rob, I contemplated removing the studs as to be fair, they look like that have already been cut. Then as you say, running a bead of tiger seal along the top edge to hold. Are you going to fix yours on your self or are you getting a body shop to do it?

I have fitted the zetec s grills to my titanium x and even that turned into a game with sensor issues and such like. Ford could not find a zetec s centre grill with pdc/self park sensor holes. Had to take a drill to £130 quids worth of Ford plastic. Eeeek. It all worked though so im happy with that.