Mk 3 Esate Rear Seat Squabs - Do They Fold Up?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 philharmonic

philharmonic
  • Registered Users
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:25 AM

Hi,

Simple question - do the rear seat squabs on the Mk 3 estate fold up?  When the seat BACKS are folded DOWN, they do not form a flat load space. I cannot work out how the squabs hinge upwards and forwards and they seem pretty firmly fixed in place. It's probably obvious how to do this when you know but, for the life of me, I cannot see how to do it. Please help!

#2 bdastu

bdastu
  • Registered Users
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:13 PM

Yes the seat squabs fold up against the back of the front seats. You need to squeeze your hand between the seat back and the squab and then just pull up. They need a bit of a tug but they do fold up.

#3 philharmonic

philharmonic
  • Registered Users
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:12 PM

Yes, this is quite correct. Thank you for the reply. I was forced into applying a little more effort to pull them up because my grandson had lost some small Lego pieces down the hole where the seat belt protrudes. I can now see that it is only a friction type "male" and "female" clip mechanism that holds the squab down.  However, it still required some considerable effort to pull the seat up.  My recommendation is to pull the rear of the seat squab nearer to the door side for greatest effect. Much happier now that I know my car has an ALMOST flat load area and the Lego has been retrieved..