#1 Karl.

Karl.

Surrey Regional Coordinator

• Regional Coordinators
  • 3391 posts
  • LocationSurrey
  • Car:Ford Focus ST170

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:01 PM

Well I have just been snooping about on clean your car.com and found their own snow cannon which I will get at some point, but it would like a really good (but safe) snow foam to go with it. I have looked at the auto finesse avalanche and iron x snow soap.

Are there any better ones which come in small quantities like the 1 litre bottles and cost effective?

#2 Russ77

Russ77

FFOC Car Care Advisor & FFOC Pub Moderator

• Forum Moderators
  • 12014 posts
  • LocationEssex - Loving the DARKSIDE!!!!
  • Car:2.0TDCi Titanium Estate

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:35 AM

To be honest, I'm a little indifferent where snowfoam's concerned.  Used to use it but how much benefit there is given the cost of the nozzles/lances and the foam itself, I'm not sure it's worth it.

Unless your car's getting absolutely filthy on a regular basis just decent car shampoo and the two bucket method should suffice.

If you do go for it, make sure you get a wax/sealant friendly one ;)

#3 Karl.

Karl.

• Regional Coordinators
  • 3391 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:11 PM

I was only looking at it as it connects straight to the hose as opposed to using a pressure washer.

Mine is caked as I have been saving for one big clean, then maintain it.

#4 Twisterboy

Twisterboy
  • Registered Users
  • 6804 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh/Fife/Scottish Borders
  • Car:2009 Focus 1.6 Zetec Mountune.

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

Going to be a newbie to snow foam myself but going to use demon shine snow foam.

Have had a pressure washer for years that I inherited only got round to getting it up and running and only found the snow foam bottle.

So how does it work from the bottle from the pressure washer?

Davy

#5 Karl.

Karl.

• Regional Coordinators
  • 3391 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:49 PM

Demon shine just plugs onto your hise pipe mate. Doesn't work that well on really grubby cars but ok if lightly soiled. The spray on wax is rubbish lasts for a few days if that.

#6 Karl.

Karl.

• Regional Coordinators
  • 3391 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

There is a snow foam cannon for hose pipes on cyc of £34.99 and can get some pretty good brand foaming solutions to go with it for a reasonable price too.

#7 Twisterboy

Twisterboy
  • Registered Users
  • 6804 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:52 PM

Yeah I noticed that but you can get a smaller bottle of the stuff as well. My car is always lightly soiled as its kept clean every two weeks unless it winter then lucky if It is once a month.

Davy

#8 Karl.

Karl.

• Regional Coordinators
  • 3391 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:22 PM

Yea you just need the nozzle from the big one and you can start buying the small one after that.

#9 blue st170

blue st170
  • Registered Users
  • 3543 posts
  • LocationCheshire / Northwest
  • Car:None ATM

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:50 PM

If you want the thick shaving foam consistency you really need to buy a snow foam lance which connects to your pressure washer.

The snow foam bottle you refer to in your post above. Does this connect to the pressure washer? If it does then you will not get the thick shaving foam thickness just a watery foam.

Demon shine I have no experience.

#10 Twisterboy

Twisterboy
  • Registered Users
  • 6804 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:08 AM

Well I gave it a try today with car shampoo in a bottle and tryed it with a pressure washer. Its come up not to bad but still think its a faff as first time I have used a pressure washer. Maybe time will tell but at the moment I am a two bucket man or waterless.

Davy