7 replies to this topic

#1 Tasape

Tasape
  • Registered Users
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSelby Area North Yorkshire
  • Car:2ltr tdci

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:53 PM

can anyone recommend a tool for removing the old dry wax between panels I've tried the tooth brush In there but it is so hard and dried on its not shifting it.

#2 Russ77

Russ77

FFOC Car Care Advisor & FFOC Pub Moderator

• Forum Moderators
  • 12014 posts
  • LocationEssex - Loving the DARKSIDE!!!!
  • Car:2.0TDCi Titanium Estate

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:59 PM

Giving it a spray with some quick detailer and rubbing with a MF cloth will probably do the trick.

Failing that, try rubbing some more wax into/on to it then remove.

#3 Tasape

Tasape
  • Registered Users
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:05 PM

Thanks for that ,it was starting to annoy moi

#4 Karl.

Karl.

Surrey Regional Coordinator

• Regional Coordinators
  • 3391 posts
  • LocationSurrey
  • Car:Ford Focus ST170

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:16 PM

Yea wet it up and use a plastic bristled brush. Get them in a set from 99p shop I think, you know the packs you get the metal bristled brushes etc.

#5 hulk_slogan

hulk_slogan
  • Registered Users
  • 2633 posts
  • LocationEast London/Essex
  • Car:Its blue in the summer months!

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:08 AM

I used a rubber eraser to good effect, chisel it abit to get into the gaps.it also works wonders for removing white wax stains from plastic trim!

#6 Tasape

Tasape
  • Registered Users
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:47 PM

Well discovered it's the glue from the plastic film they put on when new,So that is now gone
What is Hacking me off is I can't seem to get the watermarks off, I've gone over the car with maguires ultimate compound clawed it and used maguires tech wax,but as Soon as the rain comes the watermarks reappear
I'm starting to think that they Ford have put on that permanent seal Stuff. Diamond bright. But it has not been done correctly
How can i Get this stuff off the car so I can clean and polish it

#7 Russ77

Russ77

FFOC Car Care Advisor & FFOC Pub Moderator

• Forum Moderators
  • 12014 posts
  • LocationEssex - Loving the DARKSIDE!!!!
  • Car:2.0TDCi Titanium Estate

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:52 PM

If you've used Ultimate Compound there wouldn't be diamond bright left even if it had been applied.

Pictures of the marks would be useful but it could just need a decent machine polish or the marks are bird lime etchings (impossible to polish out).

#8 hulk_slogan

hulk_slogan
  • Registered Users
  • 2633 posts
  • LocationEast London/Essex
  • Car:Its blue in the summer months!

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:41 PM

Yep, these supagard etc products dealerships sell you are an insane rip off! £300 they added for me when they sold me my focus (as part of the deal).
Its just a glorified hybrid wax/sealant, and you can be damn sure their valeters arent polishing and claying before applying it!

Like Russ said, polishing/compounding and claying will remove it anyway.

Hopefully its just in need of a machine polish.
Hand polishing in my experience is hard bloody work and removes only very light stuff depending on the compound youre using and the abrasives it contains, and also the abrasiveness of the pad you use.

I usually use megs ultimate polish and then gloss before waxing, they are good products. Some polishes and gloss's 'fill' minor marks and scratches, giving a smooth appearance, but only hiding the problem.