3 replies to this topic

#1 Ldsundance

Ldsundance
  • Full Membership
  • 5033 posts
  • LocationNewcastle Upon tyne
  • Car:mk3 titanium x navigator

Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:55 PM

the later mk3 started to come with tpms sensors rather than working on the abs sensors, you can check on ford etis to see if yours does https://www.etis.for...09C7C.eccvas509
and look for Tyre Pressure Sensors - 433 MHZ or it could be 315MHZ
if you need a new sensor or changing to new wheels with new sensors this is the procedure for push button ignition copied from focus fanatics the "ford trigger" I don't have but can be purchased through ebay.com, I am using an autel maxitpms ts401 software v 2.56 eu to trigger mine but I will try again with the magnet supplied

If your vehicle has push-button ignition:
1. Make sure all tires are inflated to the vehicle’s recommended inflation pressures.
2. Make sure the ignition button is OFF then press and release the brake pedal.
3. Hold the ignition button down for 2 seconds, release it, and then tap the button once.
The vehicle should be OFF. Hold the ignition button down for another two seconds, release it, and then tap the button once.
4. Hold the ignition button down for two seconds again. The vehicle should be in RUN mode, engine off.
5. Press and release the brake pedal.
6. Tap the ignition button once so the vehicle is OFF.
7. Hold the ignition button down for 2 seconds, release it, and then tap the button once.
The vehicle should be OFF. Hold the ignition button down for another two seconds, release it, and then tap the button once.
8. Hold the ignition button down for two seconds again. The vehicle should be in RUN mode, engine off.
9. The horn should sound letting you know the vehicle has entered into TPMS relearn mode.
10. Place the top of FORDTRIGGER on the sidewall of the driver’s side front tire in the location of the valve stem.
11. Press the button of the FORDTRIGGER tool. The vehicle’s horn will sound letting you know the sensor has been learned.
12. Once the horn sounds, move on to the passenger side front tire and repeat the process.
Each tire should only take 30 seconds or less.
13. After the passenger side front tire has been learned, continue on to the passenger side rear tire and finishing with the
driver’s side rear tire.
14. You may now turn the ignition to OFF.
If the horn does not sound, the sensors were learned successfully.
If the horn sounds twice, then the process must be repeated because there was a malfunction.

this one is from focaljet for manual ignition
1.With the ignition OFF, press and release the brake pedal.

2.Using the start/stop switch, position the ignition from OFF to RUN 3 times, ending in the RUN position.

3.Press and release the brake pedal.

4.Position the ignition to OFF position.

5.Using the start/stop switch, position the ignition from OFF to RUN 3 times, ending in the RUN position.

6.The horn will sound once and the TPMS indicator will flash if the training mode has been entered successfully. If equipped, the message center will display train front left (LF) TIRE.

7.NOTE: It may take up to 6 seconds to activate a tire pressure sensor. During this time, the special tool must remain in place at the valve stem.

Place the special tool on the Left Front (LF) tire sidewall at the valve stem. Press and release the test button on the special tool. The horn will sound briefly to indicate that the tire pressure sensor has been recognized by the BCM.
Special Tool(s): 204-363 Tool, Tire Pressure Activation

8.Within 2 minutes of the horn sounding, place the special tool on the Right Front (RF) tire sidewall at the valve stem and press and release the test button to train the Right Front (RF) tire pressure sensor.
Special Tool(s): 204-363 Tool, Tire Pressure Activation

9.NOTE: Do not wait more than 2 minutes between training each sensor or the BCM will time out and the entire procedure must be repeated.

Repeat Step 7 for the Right Rear (RR) and Left Rear (LR) tires. The procedure is completed after the last tire has been trained. When the training procedure is complete, the message center (if equipped) will display TIRE TRAINING COMPLETE. For vehicles not equipped with a message center, successful completion of the training procedure will be verified by positioning the ignition to OFF without the horn sounding. If the horn sounds twice when the ignition is positioned to OFF, the training procedure was not successful.

there is also this version but this didn't work for me, it was the first one

1) Make sure your tires are inflated to the recommended psi.
2) Turn ignition to the on position. If you have a push button start, push the start button without pressing the brake pedal.
3) Push the hazard light button 6 times. The horn should honk and you should see "Train left front tire" in the LCD display
between the tach and speedo.
4) Release air pressure in the front left tire until you hear the horn honk. The LCD display should now read "Train right front
tire".
5) Release air pressure in the right front tire until you hear the horn honk.
6) Repeat for the the right rear tire, and then the left rear tire.
7) You should now see "Training Complete" in the LCD display.
8) Fill your tires back up to the recommended pressure.

#2 Greybeard1

Greybeard1
  • Full Membership
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 10:00 PM

I have a 2015 Zetec Estate with TPMS. I bought some new wheels with winter tyres, and am struggling to train the car to recognise the sensors. The winter wheels have Schrader 3070 433Mhz sensors, which appear to be correct for the car, and Etis confirms the car has 433Mhz sensors.

The key on/off brake pedal method above works to get the car into training mode, but I can't get the sensors to activate during the 2 minute window. I've tried a magnet (as sold for the purpose on eBay) and I've tried deflating the tyre after the car has been run for 30 miles on a motorway, but I just get a message that the training failed. Thanks for any ideas.

#3 Greybeard1

Greybeard1
  • Full Membership
  • 146 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 08:16 PM

It's that time of the year and I'm about to put my winter wheels on. Can't get the sensors to trigger by the means discussed above, and can't find a dealer who can do it, so bit the bullet and ordered an ATEQ VT15 universal TPMS activation trigger through eBay. I'll post up the results when it arrives.

#4 Greybeard1

Greybeard1
  • Full Membership
  • 146 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 05:34 PM

The ATEQ VT15 works! sensors triggered and recognised. If anyone near Warrington has problems triggering TPMS sensors and would like to drive over and try it in exchange for a small contribution to the cost of buying it, send me a PM.