New Tyres - Is There An Issue With Tpms.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 philharmonic

philharmonic
  • Registered Users
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:53 PM

Hi there - I'll need new tyres (front only) soon and I have the tyre pressure monitoring system on my Mk3. If I get someone like kwik-fit or another major chain to fit these, will they have a problem with either the valves or the monitoring system itself? Will the system need to be reset? Can I do it myself somehow? Is it a visit to my dealer? or - should'nt I be concerned.

Cheers
Phil

#2 Ldsundance

Ldsundance
  • Full Membership
  • 5033 posts
  • LocationNewcastle Upon tyne
  • Car:mk3 titanium x navigator

Posted 18 May 2015 - 05:55 PM

just tell them you have tpms sensors fitted, you shouldn't need the system resetting you only need to do that with new sensors, so only the tyre pressures need resetting which you can do in the menu,

just wondering with yours can you see the actual tyre pressures on the dash?

#3 philharmonic

philharmonic
  • Registered Users
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:01 PM

Hi there - sorry about the delay in replying as I've been away from home.  On my return, also found that my subscription had run out.  Well that's now sorted and to answer your question - no I do not see the tyre pressures on my dash -should I? I assumed that the system would alert me in some way if pressures dropped below a certain point. Are there different levels of tpms then?  one which displays the pressures and one which just monitors ? I'm glad I don't have to go to the dealer for tyres, they get enough money out of me as it is - what with this recommended job and that needs seeing to - all outside of the service plan!