1 reply to this topic

#1 Tasape

Tasape
  • Registered Users
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSelby Area North Yorkshire
  • Car:2ltr tdci

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:33 PM

Hi doe's anyone have or know where to find any pics on how to run a Wire  up the pillar and across the top of the windscreen so i can install my Dash cam power lead

thanks

#2 Ldsundance

Ldsundance
  • Full Membership
  • 5033 posts
  • LocationNewcastle Upon tyne
  • Car:mk3 titanium x navigator

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:22 PM

i didn't do any pics when I installed mine, but its helpful to remove/loosen the sunvisor so you can feed it under the  headlining then at the a pillar you can just squeeze it over the top of the trim, then it is a case of removing the door rubber and you can feed it behind the trim as there is plenty of space behind it and it will be covered when the door rubber is re fitted, I also tapped into the power adapter in the center console to add an extra 12v socket to power the dash cam and also some usb sockets so I could power my speed camera detector, and my phone charger all cables and sockets hidden under the centre console and my phone charger lead goes into the cubby hole under the arm rest, no extra holes were made as if you get a flat usb phone charging cable with a bit of jiggling and contortionism under the cup holders it goes through a small gap at the sides